Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Outpatient Therapies in Freehold, NJ
This page describes the adult IOP program. We also offer Youth (Adolescent) Outpatient (IOP).
Intensive Outpatient Treatment (also known as IOP for "Intensive Outpatient Program") is a primary treatment program recommended in some circumstances by a clinical and medical assessment. IOP may be recommended for those who do not need medically-supervised detox. IOP can also enable people in recovery to continue their recovery therapies following successful detox, on a part-time yet intensive schedule, designed to accommodate work and family life.
Start rebuilding your personal life and mending your important family ties right away, when you live at home and participate in intensive outpatient treatment.
With the Intensive Outpatient Treatment program you are able to establish a foundation for long term recovery support in your local community right from the start of your treatment, instead of waiting until you return from living away in a rehab center.
To schedule an appointment or arrange for a clinical assessment for the intensive outpatient program, please call 732-431-5300
Intensive Treatment Program - Group Therapy
In the Intensive Outpatient Program, you receive services primarily through group therapy, but are also assigned an individual therapist you will meet with on a weekly basis while in treatment. Groups are small and generally do not exceed 10 people, allowing for a safe environment.
Many different topics are covered in the IOP. Everyone is introduced to the following areas while in the IOP at The Counseling Center at Freehold:
- Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome Or PAWS
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- How to Manage Urges and Cravings
- Understanding the Brain Chemistry of Addiction
- Progression of the Disease of Addiction
- Introduction To the Twelve Steps
- Stages of Change
- Focus On Co-Occurring Disorders and the Effects On Addiction and Recovery
- the Family Education Program
- Individual, Marital, Couples, Family and Group Counseling
- Addiction/Abuse Education
- Depression/Anxiety Education
- Anger/Stress Management
- Life Transitions Education
- Self Discovery Education
- Co-Dependency Education
- Psychiatric Care
- Introduction to the 12-Step Recovery Program
- Introduction to the Adult Children of Alcoholics Program
- Compulsive Behaviors Education
To schedule and appointment or arrange for a clinical assessment for the intensive outpatient program, please call 732-431-5300